Monday, May 24, 2010

Colors of Summer


A very gloomy day here in beautiful MD so the CAS challenge at Splitcoaststampers was perfect...a summer theme! My inspiration actually came from a pair of panties that I saw in Aeropostale while shopping with my daughter. I used SU water color crayons and a VERY wet brush. The colors were pounced with a water color brush...(not one of my good ones!) onto water color paper.







The first flower was stamped with Versafine Onyx Black. Then I used the masking technique to cover the flower. Masking is one of my favorite techniques...stamp your image onto a sticky note and cut out. Use that image to cover the first stamped image. Stamp the same or other images onto the post it . See below:















Trim your image and mount. I used Bazzill texured white for the card base. You can buy it here:

1 comment:

jimlynn said...

Just WOW! Your "Colors of Summer" is just fabulous! I haven't seen anything this pretty in so long. Wonderful!
Lynn